Model Driven Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture (EA) is essentially a model based master plan for the organisation. It integrates business planning, governance, and business operations such as organisational structure, people, process and information, with enabling technical infrastructure including automated systems, software and databases. It is designed to model the assessment from current 'as-is' perspectives through to transformation driven future 'to-be' scenarios.
Terra Communications’ Enterprise Architecture service is based on a holistic assessment of the current 'as-is' state of the business through to recommendations for “step growth” for the business and sustainable long-term business growth. The Enterprise Architecture service includes:
- Best practice reviews
- Business case & road map development focusing on tangible returns from enterprise architecture investments
- Enterprise architecture planning & implementation (including modelling)
- business, information, solutions technical architecture in accordance with agreed reference models.
- Current 'as-is' – business discovery
- Business vision, goals, strategies, policies, business market environment, business customer services/products, channels, locations
- Business operations & organisation
- Information, solutions & technology
- Future 'to-be' business planning
- Current 'as-is' – future 'to-be' gap analysis
- Transformation project scenario development based on gap analysis
- Facilitated introduction to associates i.e solutions design/implementation
Terra Communications uses proven enterprise architecture modelling tools from a range of vendors, including Telelogic (System Architect) and Troux Technologies (Metis Architect).
These platforms, combined with appropriate approaches, frameworks, reference models and clear purpose, form the foundations of the Business Transformation process.